Oathall Community College places high importance on our pupil voice and our student council.
Oathall Student Voice (OSV) is an initiative which offers students the opportunity to have their voice heard across the key areas of school life: environment, teaching and learning, student support, health and fitness and community engagement. During termly ‘Student Voice Week’, council representatives gather the views and ideas from the student body which are then discussed in council meetings.
Oathall Student Voice is actively involved many aspects of school life including; projects which aim to improve the school, consultation regarding changes in school policy and the appointment of new staff. We welcome anyone who wants to get involved with the Oathall Student Voice, bringing new and bright ideas to the meetings!
Student Leadership opportunities are advertised around school and our students are able to apply or volunteer for positions of responsibility at various stages during the academic year.
There are six key areas to choose from:
- Leadership involvement in assemblies whole school/ year group
- Involvement in dance productions
- Involvement in school productions
- Supporting school concerts.
- Leading in class presentations
- Successful leader in group work
- Taking the lead in class debate/discussions
- Achieving three distinctions
- Leadership on the farm.
- Young interpreters
- Music mentors
- Peer mediators
- Supporting SEN students
- Yearr 6 transition mediators/ facilitators.
School and Community
- Open day guides
- Parents evening helpers
- Charity work (either in school or outside of school)
- Community volunteers
- Duke of Edinburgh leaders
- Head Boy/ Girl.
- Sports captains
- Youth Sports Trust Ambassadors
- Outside of school achievements eg at county /national level
- Sports/ dance and football leadership
- Mid-Sussex Active Leadership Academy.
- Student parliament members (coming soon!)
- Student interviewers
- Student researchers
- Student observers.