Requesting authorisation for holiday or other activity in term time

If you wish to get authorisation to take your child out of school for a holiday or other activity please read the Attendance policy and complete a leave or approved activity request form.

Leave or approved activity form

If your child is unwell and cannot attend school

Please call the college on 01444 414001 before 8.45am and leave a message on the child absence line with the name of your child, tutor group and the reason for absence. Please call the college daily to report continued absence unless you have been given a return to school date by your GP. Absences notified on the child absent line do not require a written confirmation.

Unauthorised Absence

If your child is absent from school without authorisation you may be issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice by West Sussex County Council.

Free school meals

If you think that your child qualifies for free school meals please read the information here.

Setting up your child’s School online payment account for school meals

we are currently moving to a new payment system. Details will be updated in due course.

School Buses

Normally, it is the responsibility of parents to get their children to and from school or college. Assistance with transport will be available from West Sussex County Council if a child:

  • is statutory school age;
  • attends the catchment or nearest appropriate school to their home; and
  • lives beyond statutory walking distance from the school – for pupils over the age of 8 this is 3 miles. The route is measured by the shortest available walking route.

WSCC operates two bus services from Horsted Keynes and

For more information, please visit and refer to the school transport pages.