At Oathall we provide all our students with opportunities to learn beyond the classroom. We offer a wide range of trips and visits that aim to provide students with an appreciation of the arts and culture and to stimulate an interest in the environment they live in and the events that have shaped our history. Trips and visits aim to provide team and relationship building opportunities and a chance to develop social skills beyond the classroom.
You can see a gallery of images from trips on our school Flickr site and when we can we try to blog details of residential trips and post them here for parents to see.
Here’s a sample of some of the trips we have planned for this year and next:
- Geography field trips to Newhaven, Seaford and Alfriston.
- Showing livestock at the South of England show
- History day trip to Ypres and the battlefields of WW1.
- Language residential trips to La Rochelle, France, Valencia, Spain and Traunstein, Germany
- Year 7 trip to Thorpe Park
- Residential Ski trip to Austria
- Theatre trips for English GCSE students
- Work related learning trips to colleges and universities.