Regular homework is set for all students in all subject areas in order to develop independent learning skills. Tasks set by our teaching staff may include activities such as reading, writing, drawing, practising and problem solving.
The amount of homework set will vary according to age and the learning needs of individual students. All homework is now recorded via an online facility called ‘homework tracker.’
If they are not able to access the internet at home, they may use a computer in the LRC at break, lunchtime or after school until 4.10 pm to check their homework.
This new approach does not replace talking to the teacher if your child requires further clarification.
Overview of homework tracker
- Visit our homework web portal via http://homework.oathall.org/
- This can also be found on the right hand side of the homepage of this website.
- You should see the homepage for homework tracker. You can now search for any homework set by subject, year group or teacher by choosing from the drop down list.
- Once you have done this you will see the details of specific teachers’ homework along with due dates and any further information.
Students – setting up your homework tracker account
- Students are able to set up homework tracker so that they receive email notifications of any homework set. They do this by logging into the secure area of the website, and clicking on ‘homework tracker.’ They should then click on ‘your account’ and enter the same username and password as for the school website.
- Students should then identify the email accounts where they would like to receive notification, from the three options available. Choose the email option that you prefer. Parents may wish to use their own personal email if they wish to receive notification. Remember to save your preference.
Parents – view your child’s homework
- Your child’s school timetable can be seen by clicking on the timetable tab on the left hand side once in logged in to homework tracker.
- You can click on the calendar on the left hand side to see when homework is due. At the top of this screen there are more detailed instructions.
- If you click on the homework set on the calendar page you will be taken to specific details about that actual homework; teachers may have attached resources. At the bottom of the screen there is a blue box; students should complete this when they have done their homework to indicate to the teacher how they found the work and that they have completed the task.